MSDN Reader is next generation of Internet-Aware application built on top of WFP gives you a high level of End User Experience. MSDN Reader allows you to browse through MSDN Magazine articles like never before. Read through articles, view figures and code snippets in an intuitive and easy-to-use experience. MSDN Reader has been developed using Syndicated Client Experiences (SCE) starter kit released at http://windowsclient.net
Windows registry is its core, constantly modifying and growing in size. It's being altered each time you install/remove programs or config system settings. Such changes made to Windows registry cause it to grow in size, no matter whether new information is added or deleted from registry. Thus registry quickly loses its linear structure which results in increase of application response time and registry access time.
Auslogics Registry Defrag is fast,useful and essential tool in keeping your registry defragmented. As a result, the Registry becomes compact and small, greatly improving your computer performance.
JLC's Internet TV is a FREE program for watching and browsing thousands of TV channels freely available on the internet. It's probably the biggest and most up to date database of channels ever, and users are able to submit, rate and flag channels. And with the new flagging and rating system you'll easily see which channels works and which is worth to watch and our goal is to bring you the best online TV experience out there!
- User-maintained online database with thousands of free TV channels
- Rating and flagging system
- View available updates for any channel
- Your own personal favorite list
- Search function to easily find any channel
- Program-updates are automatically downloaded
- Absolutely NO spyware/adware or malware included!
Miro is next generation of TV and Video player with long list of features including free online channels,video download, youtube video download, support of almost all formats and lots more.
1. Miro can pPlay virtually any type of video file - Quicktime, WMV, MPEG, AVI, XVID, and more. Browse your collection, make playlists, stay organized.
2. Keyboard shortcuts for all the key playback commands makes it easy to configure a remote control.
3. Miro will remember where you stopped watching a video and will start at that point when you play it again.
4. Channels and Playlist folders.
5. Miro can download individual BitTorrent files and torrents that are in feeds. When a video torrent is downloaded it will be in your channel and library ready to watch, just like any other video download.
6. Easily pause and resume any individual download, all downloads in one channel, or all Miro downloads.
7. Support for Video RSS and Auto download.
8. Miro works beautifully on all three major operating systems [Mac, Windows, Linux].
9. Miro is free, open-source software (licensed under the GPL). Anyone is free to change the source code, contribute bug fixes and features, and make new versions.
Links: Download Miro
LibCheck allows you to compare two versions of an assembly, and determine the differences. The tool reports the differences as a combination of 'removed' and 'added' APIs. The tool is limited to looking only at APIs (i.e., it can't check for behavioral changes), and only compares public differences, or changes which are deemed to be 'breaking.' The tool can be used to quickly determine what has changed between one version of your assembly and another, and can help ensure that you won't introduce any breaking changes to clients of your assembly. Instructions and intended use of the tool are described in the 'libcheck tool specification' document with the zip file.
Another cool Add-In for Visual Studio 2005, It allows you to paste C# code after converting it VB.Net. This Add-In uses Kamal Patel's C# to Visual Basic code converter Web service and Carlos Aguilar Mares's AJAX-powered code converter to do the translation on the fly.
A very useful Add-In for Visual Studio developers. The Spell checker add-in supports supports text verification in:
- HTML style comments <-- HTML -->
- ASP.NET server side comments: <%-- ASP.NET --%>
- JScript, C# and C++ comments: // C++ style comments
- CSS and C style comments: /* C style comments */
- VB and VBScript style comments: 'This is VB comment
Qliner hotkeys is a free and open source keyboard productivity environment. It is the first product of its kind that is usable by computer geeks and non geeks alike.
Hotkeys builds on the concept of Windows shortcut keys but takes this concept to a whole new level. Do you think key combinations are hard to remember? Just hold the Windows key for three seconds and up pops a on screen Keyboard with icons on the keys that are configured. This you can use , not only to remind you of hotkey combinations, but also for Drag and Drop Configuration.
A good news for all .Net developers who are planning to start with Visual Studio 2008. A virtual machine with preinstalled Visual Studio 2008 is available for download from Microsoft website. This virtual machine is running Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition, SP2 , which is set to expire on April 1, 2008.
- Supported Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003; Windows Vista; Windows XP
- Required Software: Virtual PC 2007 or Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1.
- Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium III+
- Disk Space: At least 7 GB of free disk space
- RAM: 1.5 GB of available physical RAM*
Best4c(Best for chart) is a Web-based, online diagram tool that allows you to create, edit and share charts anytime, anywhere.
- Offers you a way to create and share charts online.
- Desktop application feel in a web-based diagramming solution.
- Provides an interactive drawing and diagramming solution within all popular internet browsers (FireFox,IE,Opera,Safari).
- Exports diagram as a PDF or PNG format,and quick paste to word,excel,powerpoint.
- Rich social platform for collaboration(Invite others to edit or view your diagrams)
- Creates many types of diagrams such as Flowcharts, Floor plans, Network diagrams, UML diagrams or any other simple drawing or diagram.
A new feature "Visualizers" was introduced with Visual Studio 2005 which allows an user to interrogate the objects in a user friendly manner during debugging. "Cache Visualizer" is a great tool written by "Brett Johnson" which allows you to see objects cached in ASP.Net cache under public and private nodes.
Cream is a set of scripts and plug-ins which aims to make Vim ( Vi Improved) more easier to use for a new user. Whether you are writing emails or developing large software applications, Cream saves you time and gets you up and running quickly.
Few of the remarkable features are :
- Runs on Windows 95-XP, and on all GNU/Linux and BSD platforms.
- Edits Microsoft, Unix and Apple format text documents.
- Conversion between Unix, Windows and Apple platform format files.
- Keyboard mapping choices for one of 39 available language or encoding.
- Supports editing of very large files, size is limited by disk-space.
- Encoding support for 38 varieties of 8-bit, 2-byte, and Unicode.
- Each edited file retains its last view.
- Intuitive status line can be toggled off, however by default it indicates considerable information unobtrusively.
- .... find a detailed list here
PC WIZARD 2008 is a powerful utility designed especially for detection of hardware, but also some more analysis. It's able to identify a large scale of system components and supports the latest technologies and standards. This tool is periodically updated (usually once per month) in order to provide most accurate results.
PC WIZARD 2008 is also an utility designed to analyze and benchmark your computer system. It can analyze and benchmark many kinds of hardware, such as CPU performance, Cache performance, RAM performance, Hard Disk performance, CD/DVD-ROM performance, Removable/FLASH Media performance, Video performance, MP3 compression performance.
Download PC Wizard 2008 Supported Hardware and OS:
WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. WinSCP is based on the implementation of the SSH protocol from PuTTY and FTP protocol from FileZilla.
WinSCP can act transparently as a remote file editor. When the user clicks on a (text) file in the remote file manager, it transfers the file to the local machine and opens it in the integrated editor. Whenever the document is saved, the remote version is upgraded automatically.
* Several language packs are available.
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
Prism is still under development. Some of the objectives achived by prism are:
- Seperate Process : Each web application runs in a seperate process,Unlikely web browsers It doesn't affects other web application running side by side if something went wrong.
- Minimal UI : A web application can be configured to with minimal UI.
- Desktop Integation : Basic desktop integration has been achieved by providing shortcuts to start menu/desktop. The application can directly be launched from shortcut; without using web browser.