Outlook rules and alerts are also very important settings which makes your life easy and saves your time.
You can follow below steps to backup outlook 2007 rules:
- Go to tools menu, click Rules and Alerts
- This will show up Rules and Alerts Dialog similar to image below.
- Now, click options button at the top of the dialog.
- This will show another dialog “Options”.
- From options dialog click “Export Rules” button.
- A file save dialog will be displayed to save the exported file. Enter a valid file name and path which you can remember and save it.
- If you want the rules to be compatible with earlier versions of Outlook, you can select option to do so from “save as type” dropdown. It displays below options :
- Outlook 2002 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 2000 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- Outlook 98 Compatible Rules Wizard rules
- You can take backup of this file to a pen drive or whichever medium you prefer. One another option which I use is to email myself into my Gmail account.
Picture 1 – Rules and Alerts dialog
Picture 2 – Export Options dialog
Picture 3 – Rules Save dialog