It is very easy to take backup of your bookmarks in IE8. Bookmarks are termed as Favorites in IE. Follow below steps to take backup :
- Make sure menubar is visible and you can access File –>Import .
- If menubar is not visible you can make it visible by going to Tools –> Toolbar and Check the Menubar there.
- Now, go to File –> Import and Export.
- In Import/Export Settings window select Export to a file option and click Next.
- Select Check Favorites and Feeds ( If you read RSS Feeds) and click Next.
- Select the Favorites and click Next.
- Click the export button to save all the Favourites in a HTML file. By default it will be saved into your My Documents folder.
- Now you can copy this file to and external drive or send it to your gmail or Yahoo email account as a backup.
Image : Enable File menu in IE8
Image : Export Bookmarks