WinSCP (Windows Secure Copy) is an open source free SFTP client and FTP client for Windows. Legacy SCP protocol is also supported. Its main function is safe copying of files between a local and a remote computer. WinSCP is based on the implementation of the SSH protocol from PuTTY and FTP protocol from FileZilla.
WinSCP can act transparently as a remote file editor. When the user clicks on a (text) file in the remote file manager, it transfers the file to the local machine and opens it in the integrated editor. Whenever the document is saved, the remote version is upgraded automatically.
* Several language packs are available.
* Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
* U3 support
* All common operations with files
* Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
* Batch file scripting and command-line interface
* Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
* Integrated text editor
* Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
* Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
* Windows Explorer-like and Norton Commander-like interfaces
* Optionally stores session information
* Optionally supports standalone operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media